Defence Minister Visits Chadian President
DEFENCE MINISTER VISITS CHADIAN PRESIDENT.
1. The Honourable Minister of Defence Mansur Dan-Ali has called on President Idris Deby Itno of Chad to use his good office as African Union Chairman to call on countries, organisations and individuals that pledge financial and material support to Lake Chad Basin Commission to fulfil their promise so that Multi National Task Force will execute its mandate effectively.
2. The Defence Minister made the appeal when he led a team of Ministers of Defence and Chiefs of Defence Staff from Troops contributing countries of Multinational Joint Task Force which includes Nigeria, Niger, Chad, Cameroun and Benin Republic to courtesy call on the Chadian leader after LCBC meeting in Njamena today.
3. The Nigeria Defence Minister also appeal to African leaders to provide a better means of livelihood for the people so that terrorist will lack the ability to recruit the youth into terrorist activities across the region.
4. In his response President Idris Deby Itno assuared the visiting Ministers and Chiefs of Defence staff of the support of all LCBC Presidents to the MNJTF operations and also promised to impress on the donors to fulfil their promise. The Chadian Leader also pays tribute to the soldiers of multinational Joint Task Force and urge them to clear the region of Boko Haram Terrorists as soon as possible.
4. You are requested to please disseminate this information.
Colonel Tukur Gusau
Public Relations Officer to the Honourable Minister of Defence.